Complete Pest Management Services In Leonardtown, MD
Leonardtown, MD, residents love living here for its small-town charm and convenience to big cities like Baltimore and Washington, DC. Whether you're grabbing a glass of wine at the winery or touring some of the old buildings, Leonardtown has plenty to offer. It also has plenty of pests that can cause problems for residents.
Fortunately, Mike's Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control is here to help. We were founded to provide local, personal service to residents of Leonardtown and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide safe, effective pest control from a local company that you can trust.
Home Pest Control In Leonardtown, MD
Home is where our best memories are made. It could be a graduation or birthday party, a family barbeque, or something as simple as a family dinner or a game of catch in the backyard. Whatever you are doing, you don’t want pests to get in the way.
At Mike's Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control, we can develop a residential pest control plan that is designed to keep your home and family protected all year. We start by talking with you about your concerns and what you have seen. Then we complete a thorough inspection of your property. We will begin our initial treatment based around what our inspection found and follow up after 30 days to make sure pests aren’t hanging around. Then we will move to a bi-monthly schedule that will treat your home based on the current season.
Our treatments are always guaranteed to be safe for your family and pets, and effective against pests. If you see pests in your home between treatments, we will come back at no charge. Give us a call to schedule a free inspection and let us get to work for you.
Seven Signs You May Have Termites On Your Leonardtown Property
Termites can prove to be a nightmare for homeowners. It is estimated that they cause over $5 billion in damage annually across the United States, and individual homeowners usually pay at least a thousand dollars to deal with a termite issue.
The key to saving yourself that headache and money spent is to know the signs of a termite infestation and stop it quickly before the damage becomes too severe. Here are seven signs to look for that may point to termites on your Leonardtown property:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home
- Small piles of frass, which resembles sawdust but is actually termite feces, near holes in wood or nests
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it
- Dark or blistering wooden structures
- Paint that is bubbling or uneven
- Shed wings near doors and windowsills
- Windows that are hard to open or doors that fit too tight in the doorway
If you see any of these signs, call us today for termite control. The sooner you call, the less damage termites can do, saving you money and frustration.
How To Prevent Ant Infestations Before They Happen In Leonardtown
While they are mainly a nuisance pest that don’t pose a big threat to people, ants can still be a problem. No one wants to deal with ants in their kitchen, their backyard, or anywhere in their home. Once they have found their way onto your property, these tiny pests can be hard to get rid of.
The best solution is to keep them away in the first place. Here are some tips on how to prevent ants from getting comfortable in your home:
- Clean up crumbs and spills quickly.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Keep pet food and water dishes clean and store food in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks in your walls and foundation and replace broken window screens.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed and away from your home.
If you have ants on your property and need to get rid of them, contact us! Our local pest control technicians can treat your home and make sure ants don’t come back.
What Attracted Pest Wildlife To My Leonardtown Property?
It may seem nice to watch deer or other wildlife peacefully wonder around your property, but these animals can pose big problems. They can be destructive and most carry diseases that could put you and your family at risk.
Here is what may be attracting wildlife to your property:
- Easy access to your home like broken vents, torn screens, and uncapped chimneys
- Trash that is left open and easily accessible
- Thick vegetation and trees near your home that can provide shelter or access to your roof, attic, or basement
- Brush, leaf, wood, or debris piles that wild animals can use to make a nest
- Bird feeders
Wild animals in your yard can be a hazard. Do not try to trap or remove them yourself. If wildlife or other pests are threatening your home or property, call us today and let our trained technicians safely trap and remove these animals without putting you or your family at risk.