Pest Control In Faulkner, MD
Faulkner is a rural community near the Potomac River in Charles County, Maryland. Our geography is noted by the many creeks and tributaries that run inland, which makes for both scenic views and lots of pest activity.
Pests are attracted to homes in all kinds of environments, but properties in moist and humid areas have even more thriving pest populations to contend with. That means locals need to take Faulkner pest control seriously by not waiting around for infestations to happen before they act.
Instead of only jumping into action once you have an active pest problem, turn to Mike's Pest and Termite Control for help dealing with all kinds of creepy critters that might threaten your home.
Residential Pest Control In Faulkner
When pests get inside your home or invade your yard, they can lead to much larger problems. Many types of pests are known to carry diseases that could spread to you or your pets, and infestations can lead to property damage, too.
While basic cleaning and home maintenance can help, the only guaranteed form of pest protection comes from expert solutions. At Mike's Pest and Termite Control, we offer an effective and affordable home pest control service:
- Inspection: We begin by looking for signs of pest activity or damage, as well as hotspots and factors that might be attracting infestations.
- Treatment: Our inspection informs our treatment plan, helping us craft options that are designed specifically for your property.
- Follow Up: We always return 30 days after our initial service to provide follow-up treatments and another thorough inspection—just to make sure the problem is truly eliminated.
Protect your Faulkner home from pests and their larger consequences by contacting Mike's Pest and Termite Control today.
Do Termite Swarmers Mean You Have Termites In Faulkner?
Everyone knows they don't want to deal with termites on their property, but not everyone thinks about how an infestation begins or what the early signs of termites are. That's why assistance from trained professionals is the best way to ensure your home stays protected against the serious damage termites can cause.
Termite populations are started by termite swarmers—the only variety that has wings, which they shed once they find a suitable place to build a colony. Swarmers are essentially the queens of the colony and are responsible for scoping out their domain and cranking out soldiers and workers to build a larger population and tunnel network.
Swarmers look for yards with wood sources in them and structures with exposed exterior wooden walls or roofs. You may notice that this describes pretty much all residences, which is why every homeowner in Faulkner needs to take precautions by investing in professional termite control.
At Mike's Pest and Termite Control, we inspect for termites and treat your home with safe and effective solutions that eliminate existing termite problems and protect your home from future infestations. Don't wait until termites are chewing away at your house before you act. Contact us today to get started!
Five Easy Mosquito Prevention Tips For Faulkner Homeowners
Mosquitoes are so common that they can seem relatively harmless as far as tiny bugs go. While most people know mosquitoes bite humans to feed on our blood, many don't realize just how dangerous this parasitic feeding is. Since they bite humans and animals, mosquitoes are one of the main ways diseases spread from one population to the next.
This is why Faulkner residents should be proactive about mosquito control and take the following steps to prevent these parasites from invading their yards:
- Landscaping: Mosquitoes love overgrown yards because they provide them with plenty of shade to stay out of the sun and lots of tall grasses or overhangs to land on. Keeping your yard tidy and well-maintained can make it less attractive to pests like mosquitoes.
- Standing Water: Since mosquitoes lay their eggs in water, yards with puddles or water features like creeks and birdbaths can be natural magnets for mosquito populations. Taking steps to minimize the amount of standing water on your property will help deter breeding mosquitoes.
- Protection: You can protect yourself from getting covered in bites while trying to enjoy time in your yard by wearing long sleeves and pants—in addition to insect repellants.
- Timing: Mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk, so avoiding outdoor exposure during these times can also help you avoid mosquito bites.
- Treatments: Instead of allowing mosquitoes to thrive near your home, prevent them from moving into your yard entirely with professional treatments that shield your property from invading mosquito populations.
Contact Mike's Pest and Termite Control today to get started on proper protection against mosquitoes in Faulkner.
How To Get Fleas Out Of Your Faulkner Home For Good
Did you know flea infestations can happen in homes without pets? That's right, even if you don't have a dog or cat, fleas can still wind up in your yard or house, and they will even feed on people for a blood meal. Sometimes fleas get carried in by other pests, such as rodents or wildlife, or they can be brought back to your home in or on infested items like clothing, luggage, or furniture.
Whatever the cause, a flea infestation in your home can be an itchy nightmare that's difficult to address. Fleas are tiny and tough to spot, plus they reproduce too quickly for you to keep up with on your own. That's why it's smart to turn straight to the pros for the prompt and total removal of your flea problem.
At Mike's Pest and Termite Control, we can get rid of fleas at an affordable price. Our treatments are guaranteed, and we always follow up with our clients to make sure the infestation hasn't returned. For the best flea protection in Faulkner, turn to Mike's Pest and Termite Control and let us take care of your home.
We were very pleased with Mike’s Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control. Mike and Steve came to remove 2 big hornet nests from a tree in our yard. Great customer service from them and their office staff Angie who I had contact with a few times before the nest removal. Thank you again!