Pest Control In Compton, MD
Compton is a quiet and peaceful community on the Potomac River, rich in natural beauty and outdoor fun, and is a great place to raise a family. Because of the water surrounding it, it is a popular spot for fishing for various species like striped bass, bluefish, and perch, as well as boating. The Wicomico River Water Trail nearby is a nature lovers' dream come true.
If you are visiting, rent a boat or kayak to explore the Potomac and Wicomico Rivers and look for wildlife. Stop at the local seafood restaurants to enjoy fresh crab cakes, oysters, shrimp, and more. Visit many historical sites, such as The Piney Point Lighthouse Museum & Historic Park and Historic St Mary's City. And don't forget the nearby festivals and events throughout the year, like the Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival and the Charles County Fair.
But one thing that can quickly get in the way of the relaxed and scenic lifestyle is the abundance of nuisance pests that enter homes throughout the year. If you are dealing with an infestation, Mike's Pest and Termite Control provides top-rated pest control in Compton to keep you and your family safe.
Quality Home Pest Control In Compton
There is a lot that goes into maintaining a home without needing to add additional problems like pest infestations. In addition to causing property destruction, wood-destroying pests, rodents, and other scavengers transmit dangerous pathogens that could make your household sick.
The best way to keep invaders out of your home year-round is to apply practical prevention strategies to avoid having problems in the first place and use safe but effective control treatments if pests manage to enter and settle on your property. At Mike's Pest and Termite Control, we take your safety seriously and strive to eliminate infestations and prevent them from returning.
Call us today and tell us about your situation, learn about our residential pest control strategies, and schedule a complete home inspection to determine the best course of action. Treatments will depend on the severity of the infestation and your personal preferences and can include physical barriers, de-webbing, de-nesting, granular, dust, bait treatments, and more. We will then schedule a follow-up visit to ensure your home remains pest-free.
How A Termite Infestation Starts In Your Compton Home
Termite infestations can start in several ways but are much more likely to occur if you provide a conducive environment for termites to thrive. Here are some ways that termite problems can start:
- Soil-to-wood contact: Termites are attracted to the moisture and cellulose present in wooden structures. If they are in contact with moist soil, it will provide a pathway for termites to access it and begin to feed.
- Wood-to-wood contact: Termite colonies can also start when two pieces of wood come into contact, creating a moist and warm environment for termites to begin their destructive work.
- Moisture: Termites are attracted to water from leaky pipes, clogged gutters, improper drainage, and more.
- Infested furniture: Termites can hitchhike into homes via infested furniture, firewood, or other wooden items.
Once a termite colony establishes itself, it can quickly grow and spread, causing significant damage to your home. Reach out to our team of licensed service members to schedule a free inspection. If we find evidence of termites, we will treat the infestation immediately with non-invasive techniques and recommend termite protection strategies for year-round protection.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Mosquitoes To Your Compton Lawn
Mosquitoes are attracted to many factors, from standing water to the carbon dioxide we exhale. Here are some practical ways to keep them away from your property:
- Remove standing water: Check your property for water like birdbaths, old tires, and flowerpots. Either get rid of them or empty them regularly to eliminate breeding grounds.
- Keep gutters clean: Make sure your gutters are clean and free of debris to prevent standing water from collecting.
- Wear protective clothing: Long-sleeved shirts, pants, and socks will reduce the amount of exposed skin and lower the risk of mosquito bites.
- Repair fine-mesh screens: Check and repair any damaged screens on windows and doors to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
Removing the factors that attract mosquitoes can reduce your likelihood of getting bitten or contracting mosquito-borne illnesses. But the best way to get rid of mosquitoes is to work with a pest control company that can recommend treatments, especially during the high season. Call us today to learn more about our mosquito control options in Compton.
How To Get Fleas Out Of Your Cobb Island House
Fleas can be a persistent and frustrating problem in Compton households, especially if you have pets. The following four steps are an effective way to get rid of fleas in your house:
- Vacuum thoroughly: Vacuum all floors, carpets, and furniture in your home, paying particular attention to areas where pets spend time in order to remove adult fleas, larvae, and eggs.
- Wash bedding: Wash all bedding, including pet beds, in hot water to kill any fleas, larvae, or eggs that may be present. If possible, dry them at high temperatures.
- Treat your pets: Your veterinarian can recommend topical treatments, pills, or flea collars.
- Hire a professional: If your efforts to get rid of fleas are not working, hiring a top-rated pest control company can make all the difference and help you eliminate an infestation.
It can take several weeks to get rid of fleas in your Compton home, especially if you let the infestation get bigger and more challenging to exterminate. At Mike's Pest and Termite Control, we have the tools and expertise to eliminate fleas swiftly. Call us today to find out more and get started.
Mike's Pest and Termite Control is a local family-owned and operated company with over twenty years of pest control experience. We provide a free estimate and inspection before performing any services. Call us today!
I highly recommend this company. They had the quickest response time and came to get the job done. They even resolved the issue so that no wild life could enter through the dryer vent again!