Reliable Pest Solutions In Benedict, MD
The best form of pest control is proactive pest maintenance that stops pests before they become a problem. If you wait to deal with pests, they can make you sick, damage your belongings, and damage your home. Let's take a look at some of the ways Charles County pest control stops pests on the outside of your home. Some of these tips might surprise you.
Residential Pest Control In Benedict, MD
Year-round pest control creates a barrier that stops pests in the perimeter next to your home. Our residential pest management professionals use a scientific approach to accomplish this.
- There is no better example of how effective residential pest control can be than to consider spider control. When your pest management professional removes spider webs around your home, it sends a signal to spiders that your home is not safe for web creation. The removal of webs can also directly reduce spider populations by removing egg sacs that contain hundreds of eggs. On top of this, the routine treatments provided by your pest professional to reduce pests around your home reduce the food source spiders desire. Together, these put out the unwelcome mat for spiders.
- Our pest management professionals use spray treatments, granular products, and dusts to knock down pests that seek to enter your home through your exterior.
- As an added protection, and particularly when limited products are used to create a barrier around a home, your pest management professional will use a caulking gun and other tools to seal gaps in your exterior to create a physical barrier.
- During each service visit, your pest management professional will perform an inspection around your home. When wasp nests are found, they are removed early, so you don't have any painful surprises during the year.
These, and other, Integrated Pest Management methods help to make your perimeter resistant to pest activity and prevent pests from accidentally entering your home. For most pests, this is all that is needed. Certain pests are an exception.
How Dangerous Are The Termites In Benedict?
Termites are only as dangerous to your property as you allow them to be. Termite damage can be prevented. At Mike's Pest and Termite Control, we offer two options to deal with the ever-present threat of subterranean termites in Maryland.
- A termite inspection and the creation of a WDO/WDI Report can give you peace of mind; it can also help you with getting VA refinancing loans or securing a loan for a new home.
- If you're looking for ongoing termite damage prevention, we trust the Advance Termite Bait System developed by BASF. This system provides ongoing protection 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Subterranean termites can attack your Benedict property at any time. It is always best to have active termite protection in place for this unique pest threat and work proactively to stop termites before they cause damage.
The Trick To Keeping Mice Away From Your Benedict Home
When mice get into your home, they can present a risk to your health in a few ways. They can contaminate counters, food prep surfaces, dishes, silverware, stored food, and more. They leave droppings and urine in hidden places. They bring ticks, fleas and other parasites in with them. The worst scenario is that one little mouse can chew on a live wire and start a fire in your home.
It is essential to keep mice out. The best way we know of to keep mice out is with Integrated Pest Management and deployment of traps where necessary. If you need assistance, reach out to us here at Mike's Pest and Termite Control for assistance.
Is Professional Mosquito Control Right For My Benedict Home?
Only you can decide if getting mosquito control is right for you. All we can do is provide you with facts to help you make your decision:
- The CDC provides many resource pages for learning about mosquito-borne diseases. We recommend learning what you can about the risks.
- There are many over-the-counter mosquito control products that have limited or no impact on mosquitoes. The reason they don't work is linked to why mosquitoes bite you. Only female mosquitoes bite. They do this in order to create eggs. Mosquitoes don't feed on blood for sustenance. They eat nectar and plant sap. This is important to understand. A female mosquito isn't biting you because she's hungry. She needs a blood meal to ensure the continuance of her species.
- Professional mosquito treatments are effective because they target mosquitoes when they rest, and mosquitoes rest a whole lot more than they fly.
If you would like to learn more about mosquito control, or general pest control, we'd love to speak with you. Connect with us today with any questions, or to schedule service for your Benedict home.