Complete Pest Management Services In Accokeek, MD
We sure are lucky to live in a place that experiences all four seasons. While each season comes with its perks, it also comes with a slew of new pests that we need to worry about getting into our homes. When pests invade, they bring damage and destruction with them. If you are an Accokeek, MD homeowner, you need pest solutions that you can rely on to keep your property safe.
At Mike's Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control, we offer residential pest services that are designed to eliminate current pests and prevent futures infestations from occurring. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection of your property, or continue reading to learn more about our various pest services.
Home Pest Control In Accokeek, MD
No two homes are exactly the same which means they rarely require the exact same pest control plan. That’s why we customize each of our pest management plans to the needs of the home we are servicing. No cookie-cutter “solutions” from us.
We begin with a thorough inspection of the property, during which we look for entry points, signs of pest life, harborage zones, and any other conducive conditions. We will also speak with you to get a better understanding of what you’ve been experiencing. Following this, we will develop a pest treatment plan to fit your home’s needs. While no two plans are exactly alike, all of our services include both interior and exterior treatments.
After 30 days, we will follow up with you to make sure all treatments are working effectively. Then, we will return on a bi-monthly basis to ensure your property remains pest-free throughout the year. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection of your home.
How Do Termites Get Into Accokeek Homes?
Termites are destructive pests. They feed on cellulose found in wood, destroying it in the process. This means they can cause costly damage to homes when they infest. Therefore, you need to know the steps you can take to keep these destructive pests out of your home. First, however, you need to know all the ways termites can get into your home. That way you can take the necessary steps to keep them out.
- Cracks in the foundation – Termites live underground. Therefore, if your home has cracks in the foundation, termites can enter your home through them.
- Wood-to-soil contact – As termites live underground, any wood that comes into contact with the soil, such as a deck post, provides them with a bridge to your home.
- Infested wood – You are only ever likely to find termites in two places: their underground colony and the wood which they are eating. As such, termites are often brought into homes inside of infested wood unbeknownst to the homeowner. This includes firewood, antiques, and building wood.
For professional termite control solutions, contact the professionals here at Mike's Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control today.
Mosquito Management: What Accokeek Property Owners Need To Know
Everyone knows just how obnoxious mosquitoes can be with their incessant buzzing and welt-causing bites. However, many don’t realize that mosquitoes are dangerous, too. Mosquitoes can transmit harmful bloodborne illnesses which means you need to do what you can to keep them away from your property. This includes:
- Fill in low-lying areas where water may pool.
- Store lids and containers upside down to keep them from collecting rain.
- Ensure gutters are free of debris to prevent pooling.
- Refrain from overwatering your lawn.
- Keep your lawn well-manicured and trim back any vegetation around your property.
If mosquitoes continue to infest your lawn, contact the professionals here at Mike's Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control. We have the requisite experience and expertise needed to effectively limit mosquito populations. Contact us today to learn more.
Accokeek Homeowner’s Guide To Mouse Prevention
Although they may appear cute and cuddly, mice are dangerous pests to have to live in your home. They can spread disease, damage property, and introduce other pests to the home. Therefore, it’s important to be proactive in keeping these unwanted rodents out of your home. To do so, you should remove any factors that attract them and seal off potential entry points.
- Store food in airtight containers or the fridge.
- Keep countertops and floors free of food debris and spills.
- Take out the trash regularly.
- Store trash in bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Install door sweeps under exterior doors.
- Cover exterior holes around vents, pipes, and other utility lines.
For more advice on mouse prevention, or if you are currently dealing with an infestation, contact the pros here at Mike's Pest, Termite and Wildlife Control today.
The technician was prompt, answered all my question, and was very thorough in his inspection and treatment if pest. Very happy I chose Mike's Pest Control for my house. Excellent work!