Complete Pest Management Services In Fort Washington, MD
Fort Washington is a small community that borders the Potomac River and is a stone’s throw from the nation’s capital. While the community is an unincorporated town, it’s still near enough to large cities like Alexandria and Washington itself to feel not so far removed from city life. It’s also a prime target for pests. Surrounded by green spaces and right along with a major river network, pests of all kinds can find plenty of human properties to invade here. That’s why local residents need to take care to learn how to properly protect against pest invasions and to quickly pursue solutions that eliminate populations. Learn how Mike’s Pest and Termite Control offers the best local services around.
Home Pest Control In Fort Washington, MD
You’ve got enough to worry about between general home maintenance and your other day-to-day activities, which is why proper pest control tends to fall to the wayside. That’s why the best form of pest protection comes from professionals like the trained staff at Mike’s Pest and Termite Control. Here are some of the benefits of our residential services:
- Inspection: The only way to determine the scope of a potential pest problem is to get experts in there who know what to look for. We’ll thoroughly check your home inside and out for signs of pest problems, letting you know what kind of treatments are right for your property.
- Non-Chemical First: We try to utilize mechanical treatments first, avoiding granular barriers and chemical sprays. This helps ensure that chemical options are only used on the problems that call for them.
- Follow-Up: We follow up 30 days after your initial treatment to make sure the problem is gone.
Don’t wait for pests to invade your home before you take the threat of an infestation seriously, contact Mike’s Pest and Termite Control today.
Professional Termite Control Service In Fort Washington, MD
While no pests are exactly desirable, some of the scariest and most destructive pest problems to have are termites. These wood-boring insects can do irreversible damage to structures, often without people even realizing they have a problem until it’s too late. In extreme cases, this can lead to hazards, but even in mild cases, termites can do serious harm to your yard. That’s why overall termite protection is the way to go. At Mike’s Pest and Termite Control, we’re so good at handling termites that we put it right in the name of our business. You’ll notice that the steps involved in our termite treatment process are similar to how we treat all kinds of residential pest problems, but we provide targeted and effective control that’s geared directly at termites:
- Inspection: Because they live underground, only a professional can truly determine the scope of a termite problem. Our inspections help determine how serious your termite risk really is.
- Treatment: We’ll apply termiticide directly to the affected areas, ridding your property of these destructive pests. Then we’ll install non-invasive bait traps that go underneath your lawn and help protect from future termite colonies.
- Follow-Up: Again, the proof is in the pudding, meaning we always come back and make sure that our treatments are effective.
Don’t let termites destroy your Maryland home, contact Mike’s Pest and Termite Control today.
How Do I Get These Mice Out Of My Fort Washington Home?
Rodents are some of the most persistent pests to have because they are warm-blooded mammals that need the shelter and sustenance that our properties provide for them. They know that they can find food scraps, nesting grounds, and moisture to survive on if they can just get into our structures -- so they don’t stop looking for ways in. Mice are a common and tiny rodent that you may have had to contend with once or twice before. It’s important to know what you can do to reduce your risk of mice:
- Food/Trash Storage: Don’t give mice a free meal -- store your food properly and make sure your trash bins are secure.
- Landscaping: Mice are good at climbing, so trees or bushes that give them access to windows or other access points will increase your risk of an infestation.
- Expert Guidance: The best way to make sure you’re addressing all the pest attractants in your home is to get help from people who know what they’re talking about. Contact Mike’s Pest and Termite Control today.
All The Ways Fort Washington Homeowners May Be Attracting Ants
Many common pests especially ants can seem impossible to prevent. These tiny invaders are attracted by mere traces of food thanks to their sensitive antennae that can pick up on chemicals contained within food. Being so small, they can easily fit through cracks or holes that other pests can’t. So how do you stop them from getting inside? Mostly, you need to do your best to reduce the things that attract them. Here are some factors to focus on:
- Deep Cleaning: Ants will find the crumbs and scraps that accumulate in tough-to-reach areas of your home. It’s important to deep clean regularly, especially under heavy appliances.
- Trash Storage: Again, pests don’t care if something’s in the trash. Ants can even squeeze through the lip of closed trash cans, which is why proper trash storage for most other pests isn’t as clear-cut where ants are concerned.
- Moisture Control: Ants are attracted to moisture, too, so limiting accumulation around your property will also help. Address leaky pipes quickly and ensure proper ventilation in rooms like bathrooms and kitchens.
Of course, none of these things are foolproof, so if you still find yourself with an ant infestation, contact the experts at Mike’s Pest and Termite Control today.